Thursday 7 February 2008

Saint Soldier

ANG 1015 of Sri Dasam Granth Ji:

O Surya! O Chandra! O merciful Lord! listen to a request of mine, I am not asking for anything else from you; whatever I wish in my mind, may that come true with Thy Grace;

If I fall as a martyr while fighting with my enemies (tyrants) then I shall think that I have realized Truth; O Sustainer of the Universe ! May I always help the saints in this world and destroy the tyrants; bestow this boon on me.




O God, grant me this gift that I may not hesitate from performing good actions.
may I not fear the enemy, when I go to fight and assuredly with thy grace I gain victory.
may I give this instruction to my mind and have temptation that I ever utter Thy Praises.
When the end of my life comes, May I die fighting in the battlefield.




From Ang 1412 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj:

If you desire to play this game of love,
then step onto My Path with your head in hand.
When you place your feet on this Path,
then lay down your head and do not fear public opinion.