Friday 23 May 2008

Guru Ji put through passive Smoking!


I teach santhiya (teaching Gurbani) and started a new class. One of the singhs Gutka Sahib smelled of cigarette smoke. I asked him why this was; he said he keeps them in his room and that even dough he is an amritadhari but both his parents still smoked in the premises. I said can’t you ask them to smoke outside; he said he has but they refuse saying that it is their house.

I had to tell him that Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s horse even balked when it was passing a tobacco field. The Sikhs should avoid passive smoke as much as they can! It is bad for our health. After great consideration and advice it was decided that all Gutka sahibs from the Singhs premises be removed as passive smoke had contaminated them.

To keep Gurbani in the presence of Smoke is a Great Disrespect. So if you are doing so or know anyone that does that please could you do something about it?

Dayv-Gandhaaree, Fifth Mehla:
Turn away, O my mind, turn away. Turn away from the faithless cynic.
False is the love of the false one; break the ties, O my mind, and your ties shall be broken. Break your ties with the faithless cynic.|
One who enters a house filled with soot is blackened.
Run far away from such people! One who meets the Guru escapes from the bondage of the three dispositions.
I beg this blessing of You, O Merciful Lord, ocean of mercy - please, don't bring me face to face with the faithless cyincs.
Make servant Nanak the slave of Your slave; let his head roll in the dust under the feet of the Holy.
Ang 535 SGGSJ


Respect Gurbani Please!