Sunday 4 May 2008

Most Of US are Gulity

Disrespect Of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and we all have done this!

“Yesterday I stepped on Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji; funny thing was I did not even know, but when I realised I felt the pain in my heart.”

Yes at one point in our lives most of us would have done this without even knowing. Most people have lost all respect and regards for our Guru; we treat Guru Ji as a piece of paper that has no value.

Yesterday as I walked into my house I stepped on an envelope and did not think nothing of it until I opened it up……………………..

It was a wedding card, with a Big Ekonkaar at the front of it. The First sacred Limb of Gurbani. All of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is a message to explain Ekonkaar, and I just simply steeped on it…… I cannot describe how much despair I felt at the time; I cursed the person who had sent me that card (as it was their fault that I disrespected Guru Ji like that).

We all do or know someone that prints Gurbani on wedding, Akhand paat, Birthday cards etc without thinking that this will land on someone’s house floor matt, where people clean their shoes. Would you ever think of walking into a Gurdwara and walking over Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji? But in principle this is what I did when I walked on the Card in the envelope (there was no difference)

W\e use Gurbani so loosely not thinking about consequences or the respect of Gurbani. These small things that we do are the biggest mistakes we make which distance us from our Guru Ji.

Please Spread this message and encourage others not to use Gurbani on any Cards.

P.S please do not just throw old cards with Gurbani on them into the Bin, they are to be disposed of respectfully in a proper manner (They are to be cremated)