Wednesday 25 June 2008

Priase of the Khalsa Panth By Guru Gobind Singh Ji


All the battles I have won against tyranny, I have fought with the backing of the Khalsa

Through them I have been able to bestow gifts,

Through their help I have escaped from harm,

The love and generosity of these Sikhs have enriched my heart and home.

Through their grace I have attained all learning; through their help in battle I have slain all my enemies.

I was born to serve them, through them I reached eminence.

What would I have been without their kind and ready help?

There are millions of insignificant people like me; true service is the service of these people.

I am not inclined to serve others of higher caste:

Charity will bear fruit in this and the next world, if given to such worthy people as these, all other sacrifices and charities are profitless. From toe to toe, whatever I call my own, all I possess and carry, I dedicate to these people

Sarbloh Granth- Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji